Saturday, October 15, 2005

When are we gonna re-evaluate our decision-making paradigm?

Things I learned this week (a short list):
Monday: I have a problem with the scientific method--it doesn't take our subjective observations and hunches into account the way it should. I know it's done great things for the hard sciences but something about using it to study human behavior/interactions doesn't sit right with me. Also, statistics need not be as scary as many of us believe.

Tuesday: (1) I adore page-design as much (if not more) as I did in high school. (2) I miss Dr. House much more than I should.

Wednesday: Ignoring the Bourne Identity has been an ill-advised and unwise decision on my part. Mason and I spent 2 hours absolutely riveted by Clive Owen's (aka The Professor) attempts to assasinate the title character. *Sigh* He really is fantastic--and I suppose that Damon person's not too shabby either.

Thursday: The cat does not appreciate being kneed in the head whilst he sleeps--'nuff said.

Friday: My true calling: restaurant critic. When not listening to or conversing with a friend and her parents over dinner I "kept score" awarding points and noting "demerits." Service:6. Food: 8.5. Also, Sahara (which came somewhat highly recommended to me by two of the prominent men in my life-- I belive their exact words were: "You've got to come downstairs and see this! It's great fun!) is a rather terrible film. I suspect I was not the target audience, but the plot was ridiculous and all of the "beautiful people" were inexplicably horrid-looking.


Saturday: Mason has a thing for Matt Damon... or perhaps just Jason Bourne. While he generally ignores/scratches me until I put him into solitary for the duration of a film, he actually curled up and "watched" both Bourne films. Weird. Very weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger that mckim girl said...

We knew Mason was really a gay man!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home