Monday, September 19, 2005

Brown shoes

As I have already revealed, I often wake up not clear on who or where I am. These altered states of conscious (where I sit, stubbornly, between sleeping and waking) are slightly disturbing, but utterly hilarious, which is why I so readily share them with anyone who will listen (or read). I might be a vampire, a doctor, or a woman named Cedra.... I generally have no idea where these thoughts come from--I'm just a bit strange.
For example, I went to bed rather late (3--well past my bedtime) after the birthday extravaganza. At around 5am I "awoke" with a rather uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. Now, those of us in our right minds might take this to mean that I don't mix well with tequilla, or there was something wrong with the pizza, or that I shouldn't have done that last shot. I believed that there was a fight going on between Jim and Jack. Jack, the evil doer, was trying to get to me and force me to do his bidding. He was an ugly, hulk of a man with large muscles, an eye-patch and hair coming out of his many moles. Jim was my champion. He looked a bit like Martin Henderson. Jim made valiant effort, but Jack won and I finally woke up a rather unhappy birthday girl.
I told you, I'm a bit strange.
The Emmys (which aired last night) may be the most awkward award shows on television. I, who generally appreciate Ellen's humor, didn't find many of her jokes amusing and "Emmy Idol" was rather strange. However, there were some high points:
1) The tribute to Peter Jennings, Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw.... I still can't believe Jennings is gone, and their speeches were moving. The "face of news" is certainly about to change.
2) The tribute to Johnny Carson. It seemed almost cruel that Dave Letterman made the tribute, and yet fitting. It was well done, and I felt as though I had missed something in never having watched the Carson Show.
3) Felicity Huffman's speech was wonderful! I loved her on Sports Night, and she's great on Housewives, and she and Mr.Macy are the custest things ever!
4) The winner who lost her acceptance speech in her cleavage.... that's such a special memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home