Friday, October 21, 2005

Why wouldn't we make it a musical?

Dear future boyfriend/husband/bedmate--
Along side my propensity for waking up believing I've entered a variety of galaxies far, far away, I have also developed a tendency to talk in my sleep. This is possibly because my dreams are so fantastic that I want to share them immediately. Or because I'm unconscious and have no idea what I'm doing. Please do not become alarmed/annoyed. This habit is another part of my charm.
Consider yourself warned.
Sincerely,
Katharine
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm eager to admit it: I love The Daily Show. I think it's hilarious and fairly accurate account of some of the daily craziness in America. It's refreshing to pull back from the precipice of information overload and have someone say, "No, you're not taking crazy pills. That's really as messed up (illogical, ridiculous, etc.) as you think it is." The fake reports and reporters are pretty spectacular as well. This Week in God is a favorite, alongside Back in Black and Steve Courdry and Samantha Jones' "investigative" work. Messopotamia, Indecision 2004, and much, much more.
Which is why I was kinda looking forward to The Corbert Report. I viewed the show as a chance to extend one that I have wished numerous times was an hour long. However, I've been generally disappointed. Powazek echoes my thoughts in his Letter to Stephan Corbert. (Highlight: Steve, lemme ask you a question. You know how sometimes, on Saturday Night Live, they do a sketch with some dumb joke that goes on way too long? So long that, by the end, the audience is only laughing because they think it'll make them stop?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home