Friday, October 28, 2005

I'll never get old, Jack. I'll never get old.

I've recently been reminded of two things.
One: Great conversation should be highly valued. To find someone (or a group of someones) who can not only tolerate your tendency to skip from subject to subject with little or no warning but keep up and speak with authority whereever the stream of concious might swerve is rare. It's alot to ask of someone. "Hey, how about you jump on the moving train that is my mind as we race through a variety of topics including relationships, movies, careers, socio-economic and political theory, my history, the history of the world.... and, oh yeah, a few random tv, movie and music references!" Which is why I am so glad to find those people who are ready for the trip.
Two: I can no longer stay up until two o'clock in the morning on weekdays. The toll such college-life activity takes on the following workday is immeasurable--another casualty of growing older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home