Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Don't push your love away


Some days dressing just doesn't go well. Like, for instance, if you haven't done laundry in a while, and you've been buying new t-shirts, jeans and skirts to put off doing laundry for a bit longer (we won't touch the economics of that decision). Or if you've been going to the gym five days a week since Christmas and are officially between sizes. Or if you fall asleep after your shower because you're still exhausted from your weekend of being available to others until 3 in the morning. Or if it's Tuesday.
Such was my morning round with the mirror on my wall yesterday morning. Tuesdays are the longest-day-of-my-life every week, beginning at 6:45am and ending somewhere around 11:00pm (unless I've taped House). While many people may joke about Wednesday being "hump day," Tuesdays have become the climax of my week. Wednesday - Friday just doesn't seem nearly as long when I'm staring at a busy, full Tuesday.
So, not being able to find an outfit that steers away from "bag lady" and towards "put together young professional" is never a good way to begin a Tuesday.
Good news: I survived. And I did my laundry. And I look fine (in the damn good sense) this afternoon.
Bad news: 6 more days until next Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger that mckim girl said...

Heehee.

I don't have a day like that. Not Wednesday, not anything. I think it's because I break up my week so much now that I work part time.

And I hate in-bewteen-sizes-nothing-to-wear Land. I feel like I've been there a long, long time!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home