Monday, January 30, 2006

Everything you do, everywhere you go now....


I am a bit of a soundtrack connoisseur. I adore them. In high school I bought the Never Been Kissed soundtrack (without seeing the movie) and I've never looked back. Soundtracks remind me of favorite movies (French Kiss), encourage nostalgia (Dawson's Creek), and introduce new (and sometimes talented) artists (O.C. 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5). They are the perfect mix tape.
Recently, the tracks on the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack have provided me with hours of listening pleasure. So, taking a page from the iTunes music store, I give you my iMix, courtesy of GA:

Track 1: The Postal Service-- Such Great Heights
They will see us waving from such great heights. "Come down now," they'll say. But everything looks perfect from away; "Come down now," but we'll stay.
I live in fear of living an unextraordinary life, but this song reminds me of all there is yet to achieve.

Track 2: Roisin Murphy-- Ruby Blue
Makes me dance about the apartment when I'm cleaning/cooking/hanging out.

Track 3: Maria Taylor-- Song Beneath the Song
It's not a love, it's not a love, it's not a love song.
That about says it all.

Track 4: Tegan and Sara-- Where Does the Good Go
It's love that leaves and breaks the seal of always thinking you would be
real happy and healthy, strong and calm. Where does the good go?
Where does the good go?
Where do you go when you're in love and the world knows?
How do you live so happily while I am sad and broken down?
What do you say it's up for grabs now that you're on your way down
Where does the good go? Where does the good go?
Reasonable questions.

Track 5: Mike Doughty-- Looking at the world from the bottom of a well
Oh all the days
That I have run
I sought to lose that cloud that's blacking out the sun
My train will come
Some one day soon
And it comes I'll ride it bound from night to noon

1) Great song for the gym. 2) Great songs for the days I sit in my office convinced there must be something better (aka. greener grass days).

Track 6: Get Set Go -- Wait
Wait, wait til the signs are right
Wait til the perfect time
and you will wait to long, he will be gone.

This is particularly good advise for me. I don't generally take it, but it helps to have it repeated over and over and over... and over.

Track 7: The Eames Era -- Could be anything
I certainly hope that you are happy with your new change of company surrounded by your enemies.
Heartbreaking. A bit Avril Lavigne-y (in a good way).

Track 8: Rilo Kiley -- Portions for Foxes
When the loneliness leads to bad dreams
And the bad dreams lead me to callin you
And I call you and say: C'MERE!
It's bad news, Baby, I'm bad news
Known this song for awhile (it's on a couple of soundtracks). And C'MERE is never a good thing in an unhealthy relationship

Track 9: Ben Lee-- Catch my disease
They play Genesis on the radio and that's the way I like it They play the Replacements on the radio and that's the way I like it, that's the way I like it They play the Bangles on the radio and that's the way I like it, that's the way I like it And they play me on the radio and that's the way I like it So please Baby, please Open your heart, Catch my disease
Majorly fun shout-out section and a great "love me" song. Ironically perfect for a medical drama.

Track 10: The Ditty Bops-- There's a Girl
When I'm asleep it gives me time to think thoughts that I wouldn't dare speak aloud. I couldn't bare myself before a crowd. I bide my time while biting my tongue.... That's just the way things used to be.
Angsty. A bit angry. A bit seductive. Who doesn't love that?

Track 11: The Radio-- Whatever gets you through today
Whatever gets you through today
Uplifting; encourages rethinking your "decision making paradigm."

Track 12: Inara George-- Fools in love
Fools in love, are there any creatures more pathetic?
Probably not.

Track 13: Psapp-- Cosy in the Rocket
Nobody knows where they might end up
Nobody knows

A great song featuring "found" sounds and awesome lyrics.





1 Comments:

Blogger that mckim girl said...

Where did that fabulous picture come from?

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home