Thursday, January 05, 2006

Running wild among all the stars above

It is January... and I am ready to hibernate. Although I am managing to pull myself out of bed and to the gym at the wee hours of the morning, I want nothing more than to sleep 'til noon; to play with textured yarns and smell soups and stews bubbling away. And, for the first time in years... I'd like a little snow.
It's a bit hypocritical. After all, I left the great north (aka Massachusetts) to escape to a slightly more temperate climate. But snow = snow days which fit well into my hibernation plan. And if it only sticks around for a day or two... it's really quite pretty.
****
While I am not big on resolutions (I made a list my junior year of under-grad and am still working on it... many successes) I have decided to take advantage of the Podcasts feature of iTunes in order to keep myself more informed: 5 minutes of NPR news in the morning, 20 minutes of Jim Lehrer at night. I now know things before Katie Couric... or at least before she reports them to me as I workout on the elliptical. That makes me feel a little bit special....
****

Have recently re-fallen in love with The Office, so I'll leave you with a little corporate wisdom:

Michael Scott: Toby is in HR, which technically means he works for corporate, so he's really not a part of our family. Also, he's divorced, so he's really not a part of his family.

Jim Halpert: The Albany branch is working right through lunch, to prevent downsizing. But, Michael, he decided to extend our lunch by an hour, so that we could all go down to the dojo and watch him fight Dwight.

Dwight Schrute: In the wild, there is no health care. In the wild, health care is, "Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me and I'm dead." Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion, you're dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home