Monday, October 09, 2006

It's neat and it's sweat knittin' socks for little feet




Big shout out to the Muppets for this morning's title!

This weekend has been fabulous, mostly because I've been able to hole-up in my apartment with only the occasional (and generally welcome) interuption. I forgot how much I love my time when no one's knocking.

An additional shout out to the maintenance crew who recently installed a periscope on my door - I am no longer sketched out by knocks at my door.

So, what did I do with all of this fantastic recharge time? Well:
1) Mum came to visit Friday night and we had a lovely visit and dinner at the awesom Black Forest Cafe (which is quickly becoming my most favorite place to eat!). I've missed my mum while she's been away, so it was nice to catch up with her and share with her what I've been doing here with my job.

2) I traveled to Ewe'll Love It-- a yarn store in Nashua. I learned two things. A: I like Nashua alot and will keep it on the list of cities I might be willing to "settle down" in. B: I have been in need of a good yarn store for some time... possibly years. I entered into this fleecy haven and immediately learned about 15 things I didn't know about patterns, books and yarns. I bought some lovely (washable) yarn for two child-size sweaters and made plans to make gauntlets (as requested)for some family members. I left feeling elated: Here at Ewe'll Love It are souls like mine. People who enjoy casting on and creating mini (and extra large) crafts. And the yarns. Oh my! I'm going to have to make sure to only visit ELI when I have a clear project in mind that nothing in my stash will fit....

3) I watched the following movies: Inside Man (which I love), She's the Man (which did the Shakespeare for teens genre proud), Stick It (which reminded me of Bring It On more than I like), Poseidan (during which I realized that I know more about boats/ships than I thought, some CSI (which I enjoyed more than I remembered), the premeire of Battlestar Galactica (which was rerun, thank Heaven!), and last week's Nip/Tuck (which I always find intriguing). Actually, I shouldn't say that I watched any of these things because really, they just played in the background while I...

4) made this:
I cast on Saturday afternoon. This is where is stands this morning. I'm rather proud of it, and I love the color.
I am kind of taken aback by the size. Who knew 6-12 month olds were so small/big (I go back and forth on how I feel about the sizing.








Anywho-- I'm off to grab breakfast... I'm hoping to finish this this afternoon. I need to cast on a pair of socks and have one underway before Friday.
Hooray wool! Hooray Fall Break! Hooray October!

2 Comments:

Blogger that mckim girl said...

Aw, cute sweater!

I should see if they are running the premiere again- though I am sure they will have it on Itunes eventually. Our DVR is still out, so we can watch cable, but we can't see the program guide or anything. It's a mess.

Isn't 'She's the Man' surprisingly wonderful? I own it. I'm not ashamed.

7:47 AM  
Blogger BB said...

wow, that sweater is utterly impressive. and here i was excited bc i replaced all of the buttons on a coat.

if you would ever like to see a treasure trove of buttons, trimmings, and other such accessories, i've got just the place!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home